The Virginia Logan Photograph Collection contains photographic prints, negatives, and slides primarily depicting Nevada between approximately 1900 and 1940 with a focus on Las Vegas and its local landscapes. These photographs were taken by Glenn Davis.
Finding Aid PDF
Scope and Contents Note
The Virginia Logan Photograph Collection contains photographic prints, negatives, and slides primarily depicting Nevada between approximately 1900 and 1940 with a focus on Las Vegas and its local landscapes. These photographs were taken by Glenn Davis. Early Las Vegas photographs consist of scenes of the original townsite, Fremont Street hotel and casinos, and Helldorado parades. Locations in the Las Vegas vicinity include Kiel Ranch, the Clark County Courthouse, Mount Charleston, Lake Mead, the Colorado River, and Hoover Dam (Boulder Dam).
The collection also features locations throughout Nevada such as Cathedral Gorge State Park, Fort Callville, Indian Springs, the Lost City Museum in Overton, Nelson, Pioche, Sloan, and Spring Mountain. Additional images outside of Nevada include Death Valley, California and St. George Temple in Utah. Lastly, the collection contains images of people and scenes such as Walter E. “Death Valley Scotty” Scott, Ernie Cragin, and Native Americans from throughout the Southwest United States.
Collection is open for research.
Materials in this collection may be protected by copyrights and other rights. See Reproductions and Use on the UNLV Special Collections and Archives website for more information about reproductions and permissions to publish.
Materials remain as they were received.
Biographical / Historical Note
Virignia Logan was a resident of Henderson, Nevada who lived in Nevada since 1927. She was born February 7, 1917 in Percel, Oklahoma. Her husband was George Logan, who she had three sons and one daughter with. She died January 24, 2005.
"Virginia Lambert Logan."
Virginia Logan Photograph Collection, approximately 1900-1940. PH-00019. Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Las Vegas, Nevada.
Materials were donated in 1977 by George Logan; accession number 1977-192.
In 2020, as part of an archival backlog elimination project, Jimmy Chang wrote the finding aid and entered the data into ArchivesSpace.